A view from a roof in Port au Prince

10.02.2009

Back on Track



So I've been back in the United States for just over a month now. It's really crazy how fast that much time can pass... thank the Lord for that because each day away from Haiti can tend to drag on for me! I just started up my senior year of nursing classes and things are going really well. I'm taking a mental health and a community health nursing class. The community nursing class is perfect for learning about what I can do with nursing in Haiti! I wanted to give everyone an update on things that are happening in Haiti. Tim Bristol and a small crew from Freshwater Church just returned from a quick trip to the orphanage in Haiti. The kids are doing so well!! You should see Jethroson.. remember, the little boy with the burned hand? He is beautiful now. and SO HAPPY! ! His little cheeks even plumped up a bit ;) Also, all of the kids are now moved into the new orphanage location in Leogane, Haiti. It is beautiful and perfect for them.

Right now I'm praying about when I can go back to Haiti. My heart is dying to go back for Christmas with the kids... but I'm trying to be patient and listen to what God is telling me. I've been making trip after trip to Target stores around the twin cities, loading up on clearance summer clothes and shoes. I'm going to have such cute things for the kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment